Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Humorous (And Frightening!) Quotes

Lighthearted amusement. We all need a laugh sometimes! Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Getting back to the old school grind has been insane. Lots of thoughts floating around though, and once I get a handle on my time management skills, I hope to be contributing more to my little online oasis of political musings.

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it.
-- Clarence Darrow (1857 - 1938)

I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them.
--Adlai E. Stevenson Jr. (1900 - 1965), Speech during 1952 Presidential Campaign

Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be president, and anyone who doesn't grow up can be vice president.
--Johnny Carson (1925 - 2005)

We need a president who's fluent in at least one language.
--Buck Henry

Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half.
--Gore Vidal (1925 - )

All the President is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway.
--Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972), Letter to his sister, Nov. 14, 1947

A bureaucrat is a Democrat who holds some office that a Republican wants.
--Alben W. Barkley, U.S Vice President (1949-1953)


And now...quotes from Bush! Everybody's favorite....


Obviously no country can claim a special place in God's heart, yet we are better as a people because He has a special place in ours...I want to thank you for helping America, as Christ ordained, to be a light unto the world...
--President George Bush, commending the National Religious Broadcasters for their support in the war to drive Iraq from Kuwait

I believe with all my heart that one cannot be America's president without a belief in God, without the strength that your faith gives you.
--George Bush (1924 - ), to convention of National Religious Broadcasters

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
--President George Bush, to Robert Sherman of American Atheist Press, at the Chicago airport while announcing federal disaster relief for Illinois

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home